4.01.2012

Gifts from our girls

As I've written many times, we have always been very open about keeping Zoe's memory alive in our family. As Avery and Lily get older (they're 5 now) we've witnessed them trying to understand and make sense of the loss of their sister. A sister they don't remember, but one that they have videos of and photos with. For a while I probably forced Zoe's memory on them a bit until I made the choice to leave it all up to God. As Jeanine told me 3 1/2 years ago, I can't make anyone remember Zoe, I can't make anyone miss her and I can't make anyone be touched by her story...only God can make that happen. And so, as life has moved on, Zoe's life and death have become more naturally woven into the fabric of our lives. Questions come up and we answer our daughters honestly and thoughtfully. I sit and wonder how Zoe will impact their individual lives and selfishly hope they feel connected to her. And then i am reminded again to place my faith and trust in the God Zoe lives with day in and day out.

Lily drew this today...she said it was Daddy holding Zoe and they both have green eyes (which they do).

No comments:

All time favorite video of Zoe!

Popular Posts

Bible verses that comfort me

"Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord."
~ 2 Corinthians 5:8

"Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children....Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them"
~ Mark10:14 & 10:16

"...those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint"~ Isaiah40:31