I am happy to say that the Zoe Rose Memorial Foundation is getting off to a good start in our second year. We are focusing on getting the website completed and hope to have this done at least by the middle of this year. Please check out the site periodically as we will be adding new and informative content between now and then.
You may want to know how you can help us on our mission to support families of micropreemies from the NICU and beyond. Well here are just a few ideas:
1. Consider making a tax deductible donation, no amount is too small. Simply go to our site and look for the donations and events tab which will allow you to make a secure transaction through PayPal.
2. If you are a parent, sibling, or caregiver of a micropreemie consider sharing a bit of your story with us. We will be featuring one article every quarter on topics of importance to micropreemie families and will also have stories that are shared with us sprinkled throughout the website. If you are interested in sharing your story simply send an email to email@example.com. I can forward you a list of questions to give you some sort of guide to writing all or just parts of your story.
3. Do you like to sew? Does your church or other group have a quilting club? Then we would LOVE to have you make isolette covers for us! These covers are donated to Northside Hospital in Atlanta Georgia. We have committed to making 300 for them and so far have provided about 10% of that total. Again, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and I can arrange to send you a kit that will have a pattern and all the materials you need or I can send just the pattern or finished dimensions and you can be creative with the design!
4. Our 2nd annual Swing for the Roses golf tournament is coming this spring so stay tuned for more details on playing, sponsoring, or volunteering.
5. SPREAD THE WORD!!! Send this blog post to all of your friends and family and send them to our website to learn more about our mission. We are just getting started and have many, many ideas and services that we will be providing in the near and far term.
As always, thank you for taking the time to read this and to hopefully pass it along. We sincerely appreciate your support, especially since Zoe passed. In just two weeks we will honor and remember Zoe on her 2nd angelversary. It is hard to believe two entire years have passed already; but I’ll save my musings about that for another post.