2.01.2013

I Choose Hope

One of my favorite preemie parent support resources is Papas of Preemies - an outstanding blog and online community highlighting the oft looked over, father's perspective to the preemie experience. Joel Brens, founder of PoP, is a father of preemie son Jayden. His love for his family shines bright whenever he speaks of them and his passion for making sure dads don't get lost in the shuffle emanates from every conversation we have.

I was honored when Joel asked me to contribute a piece for his "I Choose Hope" campaign. As I mention in the post, hope quite often seems elusive for a preemie parent when we are bombarded with awful statistics about morbidity and mortality. And for many, we fear holding on to hope when our babies appear to be doing well - we all know how quickly the tides can change in the NICU. But I also know that we all need hope, we need to believe that life will be good, no matter the outcome.

Please take a minute to read my post for Papas of Preemies by following the link below. There are several other wonderfully written posts on the blog as well so I hope you will spend a few moments looking at the life of a preemie through the eyes of a devoted father.

http://www.papasofpreemies.com/2013/01/i-choose-hope-keira-sorrells.html?m=1

No comments:

All time favorite video of Zoe!

Popular Posts

Bible verses that comfort me

"Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord."
~ 2 Corinthians 5:8

"Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children....Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them"
~ Mark10:14 & 10:16

"...those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint"~ Isaiah40:31