6.21.2012

They may look like triplets....

An exerpt from my latest post for Preemie Babies 101, the parent blog for support organization, Hand to Hold.

“Oh, twins! They’re so cute!” exclaims the lady in the checkout line at the grocery store.  In a nanosecond, I have the following conversation with myself: “No, they’re not twins, they’re triplets you just can’t see the third one.  Does this lady care that one of my girls died?  Am I just going to depress her and ruin her day by bringing to the light the fact that babies die?  How do I phrase it?  Surviving triplets?  Two of my triplets?  Two of three?  How much longer will I have to stand here?  Can I just turn and run away?  If I just say ‘yes, they’re twins’, have I dishonored Zoe and confused Avery and Lily?  Do I have the energy to deal with this today?” (read more)


Join the discussion: If you are raising surviving multiples, how do you handle questions about your surviving children?

No comments:

All time favorite video of Zoe!

Popular Posts

Bible verses that comfort me

"Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord."
~ 2 Corinthians 5:8

"Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children....Then he took the children in his arms and placed his hands on their heads and blessed them"
~ Mark10:14 & 10:16

"...those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint"~ Isaiah40:31